How to Make Money on OnlyFans as a Side Hustle

How much you can earn with OnlyFans? Is it a good Side Hustle for you?

In the digital age, one platform has taken the world by storm and provided an entirely new way for content creators to generate income. OnlyFans, especially prominent in adult content creation, has become a lucrative side hustle for many influencers. Here, we explore how to make money on OnlyFans in seven ways, from subscriptions to direct messages.

How To Make Money On OnlyFans

What OnlyFans is?

Launched in 2016, OnlyFans is a subscription-based social media platform where users sell and/or purchase original content. As an adult site, users often post NSFW content, which is safeguarded by a paywall. Subscribers pay a monthly fee, ranging from $4.99 to $49.99, to gain access. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the platform saw an increase in users seeking new income sources.

How much I can earn in OnlyFans?

The average OnlyFans creator earns approximately $180 a month. While this might seem modest, consider it from a side gig perspective. If you are willing to put in effort, enhance your content quality, actively promote your page, and work on perfecting your profile and bio, you could easily surpass this average income. The key to success is expanding your subscriber base. OnlyFans' own blog suggests that you can expect to convert around 1-1.5% of your social media followers to OnlyFans subscribers. It's a game of numbers, effort, and consistency.

Ways to make money with OnlyFans


The primary way to earn on OnlyFans is through subscriptions. The creator sets a monthly or annual fee for users to unlock content, keeping 80% of the revenue and leaving 20% for the platform.

Pay-Per-View Content

Additional paywalls can be set for exclusive content on creators' feeds, providing another source of income.

Direct Messaging

Direct messaging with fans can be incredibly profitable. Some creators like Audrey Aura and Farrah have turned private messaging into their largest income stream. While time-consuming, some creators outsource this task to "ghostwriters" from OnlyFans management agencies.


Another option for earning is through tips. Some creators, like Amber Sweetheart, have dedicated followers who interact with their content daily and send tips. Some creators even design tip menus for custom content and direct messages to streamline this process.

Promo 'Shoutouts'

Buying and selling "shoutouts" from other creators can be an effective marketing strategy to attract new subscribers. Some creators hire assistants to manage these promotional posts.


As an offshoot of their primary content creation, some creators offer coaching services or courses on how to succeed on the OnlyFans platform. These side ventures further diversify their income.


Livestreaming on OnlyFans helps creators build deeper connections with their fans. These can be free for subscribers or come at an additional cost, further increasing earning potential.

Summing Up

While earning millions on OnlyFans, as some stars do, might not be an achievable goal for everyone, the platform still presents a significant opportunity for generating extra income. With strategic planning, dedication, and creativity, you can leverage OnlyFans to boost your monthly budget, all while doing something you enjoy. Whether it's through subscriptions, direct messages, or personalized coaching, the possibilities to earn are as limitless as your imagination.

Be the first to comment this post